www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:58 pm 

Hey guys,
I'm an EEC noob here, but finally got the calibration set to where I think its the best i'll get, and I love it. My question is this... as a EEC n00b is it possible to create a combo that would automatically hold my breath when I zoom in with a sniper scope? I played around a bit with the combos, but must have overlooked where you can add an L3 click. Thanks!

I am using EE 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:14 am 

Maxemo83 wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm an EEC noob here, but finally got the calibration set to where I think its the best i'll get, and I love it. My question is this... as a EEC n00b is it possible to create a combo that would automatically hold my breath when I zoom in with a sniper scope? I played around a bit with the combos, but must have overlooked where you can add an L3 click. Thanks!

I am using EE 2.0

hiya
Sadly No,while a combo is running you cant do anything else (like aim) untill the combo either finishes or you abort it. i think the combo option is mainly for fighting games like tekken etc..
also for some reason PU did not allow the L3 & R3 keys to be used in a combo.

it's not all bad news,there may be a work around,if you use a gaming mouse such as a logitech G500,G9x and some of the Razor and other mice that support macros and have on board memory to store macro's(i think the logitechs can only store 1 macro),so could make the macro on the mouse. i have not tested this,but cant see why it wouldn't work so long as the info below is followed. i may test it out tomorrow if i remember .

You would have to map L3 to a mouse button along with ADS(aim down sight) in eagle edit.reason for this is if you assign L3 to a keyboard key and then get the mouse via a macro to use that key and what ever you assigned to ADS(normally right mouse) the EEC will lock up and you will need to unplug and reconnect it.reason for this is the EEC Fw is expecting a mouse button command from the mouse not a emulated keyboard command.

same goes for a keyboard,if you have a topend KB that works with the EEC and does macro's with onboard memory you should also be able to do it,but L3 and whatever key you assign to to ADS would have to be a keyboard key not a mouse button,i cant test this as im only using a wolfking KB that dont do macro's

maybe somebody here will report back if this works with either mice or KB's i will try to remember and report back too.

Gaza

Just trying to help out fellow gamers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:25 pm 

ok tested it with my G500 and it works fine,
i mapped L3 to mouse side button 2,ADS as right mouse button in eagle edit.

open up setpoint macro manager and recorded right mouse button down along with side button 2,had to edit the macro after as it also recorded me releasing the buttons,so just deleted the release part and saved it.

opened up setpoint and reassign mouse middle side button to macro.
now i have right click as ADS,mouse side 2 as run/holdbreath and mouse side middle as ADS whilst holding breath.
so long as the profile is burnt to the mouse it works :).

i just gotta get used to side button 2 as L3 now.shame we cant assign two buttons to a command on the EEC then i could still have left shift as L3 also.

Gaza

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:29 pm 

Have you tried making a toggle button with the setpoint macro, right click to hold ADS and then right click again to un-ADS ??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:42 pm 

i have not test that,but i wont work,with macro manger you just record set key actions,also say's it dont work on the logitech forums too.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/question-regarding-macro-in-setpoint/td-p/495430 hopefully PU will enable toggle along with more than 1 key per action also fix the FW from locking when a mouse emulates a KB button press.

ok just for testing i also tried to macro a keyboard key and a mouse key and yup as i said in my first post it locks up the EEC,so whatever macro you want the keys need to be mapped to the same device with eagle edit, either mouse or KB,but not split between both.

Gaza

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:15 pm 

Sorry for bumping an old thread. So as far as I can tell, there is no way to Have lets say Right click + hold down command?

As in press right click once and you will stay ADS? Then click again to un zoom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 pm 

SyncFx wrote:
Sorry for bumping an old thread. So as far as I can tell, there is no way to Have lets say Right click + hold down command?

As in press right click once and you will stay ADS? Then click again to un zoom

Actually, this is possible, with the right mouse. I have a Gigabyte M8000x mouse and the macro software allows you to choose if a button press acts as a toggle, one time action or repeat.

I tried the toggle version of the zoom/hold breath macro and it worked as planned. But I prefer the non-toggle version. I guess the toggle version would be good for a hardcore corner camper.

Unlike Gaza, I use right mouse click for the ADS/hold breath macro. I don't have a need to zoom my sniper rifle WITHOUT hold breath, and the macro works like regular ADS on other guns.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:53 am 

CoD4 PC default is toggle to ADS, thats why I'm use to it. So is Counter Strike.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:15 pm 

Actually guys if you change your in-game black ops button layout (by going menu->options->button layout) to the layout called NOM4D it changes ADS to toggle mode.