www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Micro movement solution!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:30 am 

I was wondering if it was possible to make a micro that would compensate for zooming in with Micro movement.
I'm currently using a mouse with on the fly dpi change (800/1600/2200 dpi), I play Black Ops and use it normally at 1600 dpi.
Do you think it would be possible to create a macro that would allow me to aim down my sight and automatically switch to 2200dpi to get a finer, faster accuracy and when I release the aim button it then returns back to 1600dpi.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 pm 

Hi,
In a word no.not with a logitech
The only way to do it is as you are atm by switching the mouse DPI on the fly.this is another feature i would like to see added to the FW,you can off set micro movements slower speed by having the the deadzone setting a bit higher than you would normally have it,(save to the EEC with the crosshair still moving a bit when setting up the deadzone option).

another option is mouse macro's

people have been asking for this option in setpoint for ages,yet logitech wont add it.
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-series-Gaming-Mice/DPI-in-macro-with-G9X/m-p/374074/highlight/true

i did also read somewhere that you can custom edit the .XML mouse driver script to enable this,but cant find any info on what needs to be done.

reading the thread it seems Razer mice allow DPI switching macros,but i dont know if the macro is stored on the mouse as it would need to be to work with the EEC.
id like to see PU enable a dual sensitivity hot key on the EEC,dont really want to buy yet another mouse.

Gaza

Just trying to help out fellow gamers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 pm 

The mouse I'm using at the moment has different profiles that can be stored on them, I wonder if I could try and make one using them.

Is the deadzone the same for every copy of black ops?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:58 pm 

TickTock wrote:
Is the deadzone the same for every copy of black ops?

i would think so,cant see them making random builds with different DZ requirements.maybe with xbox vs Ps3,but im sure all PS3 version will be the same ,kind of the idea with consols,keep everything the same for max compatibility.

whilst looking at setpoint for my g500 to see if i could macro DPI switching i did notice a firmware upgrade button for the mouse,maybe this is why what works for some dont for others even with the same mouse??.

Gaza

Just trying to help out fellow gamers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:21 am 

Hei Guys.
My question is...
Why my mouse settings go back to default everytime I unplug the mouse from the PC?
When the mouse is connected to the pc I can save many different settings on setpoint.. like 5 differents DPi speeds. but when is connected to the EEC I can only use the 3 default Dpi settings..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:41 pm 

Does the mouse have drivers that need installing on Windows to use the profiles?

If it does then that could be why it is playing up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:16 pm 

Look up the specs of your mouse and see if it has onboard memory, if so it will save settings to the mouse, if not the settings are saved in Windows.

I too have been looking into the Razor macro to switch DPI, which I've read it can do but I can't find any documentation on how to write/create it.

The "slow down" of ADS is really killing me. To get ADS where I want it I have to crank up the sensitivity to the point that normal mouse movement is just too much to handle.

I know it's there to "help" console players but I wish it could be disabled.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:48 pm 

I own a Logitech mx518 (1800DPi) I can't find any driver to this mouse, and there is no specs about Onboard Memory.. so maybe that's the problem.. I can save the settings on windows setpoint, but they are gone when I use it with the EEC. Default settings are 1800, 800, 400.

Thank for reply People.. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:52 pm 

Quote:
I too have been looking into the Razor macro to switch DPI, which I've read it can do but I can't find any documentation on how to write/create it.

Due to the age of the post you have probably figured it out by now. But, for others:

Razer-
1) Set the scroll button to DPI UP DPI DOWN in your profile manager.
2) Select your alternate DPI. For example my normal default on my Death Adder is 1800 DPI, I then select 3500 and apply.
3) Make sure you save and apply the settings to your mouse.

Now when your in-game, you can play at your default and toggle between the default and your alternate using the scroll button.

Note: Make sure your on the right profile. My mouse has 5 profiles, you can actually change the profiles by pushing a button on the bottom of the mouse. Not sure if it is possible to perform a profile shift in-game... hmm will have to test it.