www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:14 am 

This mouse works!

Can't say great yet because I'm still very new to EEC, anyone with a RAT7 can give me some recommended settings for the following games?

Killzone 2
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
MAG
Black Ops

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Cyborg R.A.T. 9
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 pm 

Hey bud!

Its sweet to see another RAT owner, I'm using mine in-conjunction with the Nostromo N52te speedpad, and it works a treat :)

I currently own the RAT 7 and its totally sweet. Anyway heres my settings for Black Ops that I'm currently using, my ingame sensitivity is set to 8 and my mouse DPI is set to 5600, although I'm pretty sure you can set the RAT 9 DPI higher so I would just set it to maximum.

If you find it too slow doing 180's or too fast then I recommend adjusting the ingame settings to compensate for it, let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am 

hello i want to buy the cyborg rat9 but im not sure if it works it a wireless mouse? does it fully works with the eagle eye? whats the diference of this mouse over the RAT7? thank you very much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 pm 

The ony difference between the RAT 9 and RAT 7 is that the RAT 9 is wireless and RAT 7 is wired.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 pm 

so its ok for me to buy the R.A.T 9? does it fully works with the eagle eye? can anyone please tell me if the reponse time of the mouse is the same as the wired r.a.t 7. thank you a lot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm 

According to the Saitek website the Rat 9 is literally identical to the Rat 7 bar the fact that it is wireless. I couldnt tell you the reponse time cos I havent used the Rat 9 however if I was take an educated guess I would say its the same as the RAT 7 which is pretty much fantastic in my humble opinion.

Sanjuro_Makabe says that the RAT 9 works so it should be fine to use.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:19 pm 

ahh ok ok thanks a lot i´ve bouth a R.A.T 7 i know is wired but its pretty much iqual to the R.A.T 9 the batteries of the R.A.T 9 only goes for 9 hours and them i have to exchance them over and over again and with the time it may be a problem and off course it is more expensive than the R.A.T 7 and with the R.A.T 7 i will not have that problems lets see if it so good as everyone talks about. at the moment i have the logitech GX9 and it is fantastic as well lets see if i dont regret buying the R.A.T does anyone have one? so you can tell me any type of issues? thanks a lot to every one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:51 pm 

I just purchased the RAT 9 and at first I was super excited that it was working with the eagle eye, but after a minute of play, I noticed it jumping all over the place. I played around with the sensitivity setting to make sure it wasn't causing the problems, it wasn't. I switched back to my Razer and it wasn't jumping at all. I believe the wireless movements are not picked up very well and it leads to choppy movement. It works with the eagle eye but not very well and I wouldn't recommend it.

I loved the comfort and customization of the RAT 9 mouse so much, I went out and got the RAT 7 (wired) to use with the EE.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:45 pm 

Did you try your RAT9 on your PC to make sure it wasnt a fault with the mouse itself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:21 am 

TickTock wrote:
Did you try your RAT9 on your PC to make sure it wasnt a fault with the mouse itself.

Yeah, using it right now, on my PC. I would LOVE to get it to work properly for EE, if you have any suggestions, I would be willing to give them a try.

UPDATE:
Just played a few rounds with the RAT7 at the same settings as the RAT9 and had zero problems. I just don't see how the problems couldn't be caused by the wireless feature of the RAT9 but again, if I could use the wireless mouse over the wired, I would chose the wireless any day. There is nothing more annoying than a standing up and ripping something, or everything, off of your entertainment system because you some how wrapped your leg around a cord. :lol: