www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:43 pm 

confirmed working! All buttons work fine. Out of paranoia, I uninstalled drivers on the PC before configuring my keys in the Penguin Tool. Wanted to make sure the buttons were mapped as the HID true name/button. Not sure if it was necessary.

Evoluent Vertical Mouse hardwired confirmed working! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:00 am 

Cheers,added to the working list.

Funny looking mouse,i kinda like it, they not cheap here in the UK. how do you get on with it for normal PC use?,Do you find the side of your hand rub's on the mousing surface?

Just trying to help out fellow gamers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:05 pm 

Quote:
Funny looking mouse,i kinda like it, they not cheap here in the UK. how do you get on with it for normal PC use?,

It has a nice driver for the PC, but it is HID compliant so all of the buttons work with the Eagle-Eye config, too.

Quote:
Do you find the side of your hand rub's on the mousing surface?

It takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get used to it, but my hand doesn't rub because my forearm muscle is the pivot point. Your pinky and ring finger rest on the bottom button, middle finger on the middle button, and index on the top. This is like an old PS/2 Logitech 3 button (no wheel) gaming mouse I had years ago. Then throw in the wheel button that I use my index or middle finger to access when necessary. Makes it easy to use the middle mouse button as your "run" button in games like I did with that Logitech 3 button mouse. However, I'm not accidentally rolling a mouse wheel while doing that. It's cool as hell! Gives you 3 buttons, thumb button, then a wheel with button. The newest version (Vertical Mouse 4) has more features like an extra thumb button, and speed settings and indicators on TOP of the mouse this time. The guy that designs them does really well and listens to users in developing the next gen models. The greatest feature on top of all the above is the fact that I no longer have carpal tunnel syndrome flaring up anymore. I use one at work on the desktop PC, one on my work laptop, and one on all three PC's/laptops at the house. I don't chunk that much cash out for junk! I just ordered 4 of the Vertical Mouse 4's on my work account. I'll post an update here when I get them in today and test this weekend. With the VM3, you have to slightly tilt the mouse for resetting position, but it looks like the VM4 has a better thumb grip. However, the tilt thing, sliding on the edge becomes intuitive after using it for a day or two at most. It's well worth a day of getting used to by a long shot!!!

Quote:
Cheers,added to the working list.

Great! It's an AWESOME mouse!!!