www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:02 pm 

It has been stated already that this mouse is compatible with the EEC, despite it having its own software.

I bought one today and will be giving my thoughts on it tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:19 am 

May i ask how your G500 worked?

I'll tried to get the G5, G7 somewhere nearby but I had no luck...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:25 pm 

Bought a G500 and the mouse worked fine on Mafia II (With very high sensitivity on mouse and in game).

I will try it on other games within this week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:14 pm 

@friedensbringer

Question... you mentioned in another post that M115 was too slow for you. So you tried the G500 and there was a significant differences?

So it is the mouse that makes the whole thing slow?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 am 

I noticed a huge difference in my 800 DPI MX518 compared to my new 5700 DPI G500.

You couldn't really do anything that you wanted with the lower DPI.

The G500 is much better, and I currently use:

Mouse DPI setting : 3rd (highest, 5700 DPI)
MW2 sensitivity: 7.

I tested the 2nd highest default DPI setting (which I think is close to 3200 DPI) with game sensitivity to 10, but the previous settings worked better.

I'm still getting used to it, and is not perfect yet, as I do have some jagged edges, especially when aiming vertically, but I do hope I will be able to adjust some things and make it the best I can.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:15 am 

@Richard: Same here, i can totally confirm the experience from TapTap by myself...

Like i mentioned in another post i just played Mafia II (and a little bit Red Dead Redemptionn too in the meanwhile) and i would say there is a huge difference between the M115 and de G500...

I'll try to get MW2 these day's so i can test the two mice on a FPS Game and will post my experiences here...

@TapTap: May i ask if you can upload or sent me your MW2 Layout? Would save me some time to configure! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:36 pm 

With 5700 dpi, do you notice that the curser/aiming speed is noticably faster then using the right analog stick to play on the ps3 controller? Or is the cursor speed about the same speed as using the ps3 controller?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 pm 

I have not fine-tuned my G500 by now, but for COD MW i used the Medium Pre-defined resolution which is regarding to the manual 800 dpi. Within the game i set the speed to 7 which worked fine for myself...

I think that each game is a little bit different, i have tested Mafia II and COD MW so far and in Mafia II i had to set the settings at the Mouse to 2.000 dpi.

I think it's always a bit of a compromise if you to the settings at the mouse or ingame or both, but i think (for me) 5.700 dpi is way to fast with the EE...

I'll test it within the next days and inform you about my personal results...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:12 pm 

Per the FAQ: "...we recommend using mouse up to 3200 DPI it will be more sensitive. However, the speed is still primarily controlled by in game options."

I wonder why 3200 dpi is the recommended max? It seems like 5700 dpi may be overkill?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 pm 

Just configured my Mouse to 800, 3.200 and 5.700 dpi...

For me 3.200 works best with MW2, ingame sensitivity 7...
But it is also possible to play with 5.700, ingame sensitivity 4...

And even 800, ingame sensitivity 10 is a possibility for me.

So i think you can combine Mouse and ingame settings how you like it, would not say that 5.700 dpi is too fast in general when you slow down the ingame sensitivity instead...

Quote:
With 5700 dpi, do you notice that the curser/aiming speed is noticably faster then using the right analog stick to play on the ps3 controller? Or is the cursor speed about the same speed as using the ps3 controller?

Normally I am a PC gamer (but actually not a very skilled one in MP) and does not like to play FPS on consoles, but with the EE I would say that I am now as fast as i used to be on PC, and that's a lot faster than i was with the right analog stick...

But i think there are some very skilled players with the stick also, hope a MP Match with a friend of mine (which is actually very fast with the stick) will let me compare my skills with EE + Mouse and Keyboard and his skills with the controller during the weekend...