www.penguinunited.com
www.penguinunitedstore.com It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:26 am 

Take note, the Logitech G5 is NOT the same as the G500.

I used this today on MW2 and it works flawlessly, except, of course, for the obvious lack of other mouse button support (forward/back/scroll etc).

I might add that you can adjust the DPI on the fly with this mouse, so if you use Logitech's mouse software to adjust the DPI to your liking you can then carry over those settings to the ps3 games, since it's on-the-fly switching via the mouse itself. I found it to be a bit on the 'cheating' side when I would snipe or something and change the dpi on the fly to zero in more steadily. Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 am 

To be honest we never invisioned these DPI adjustable mouses would help. Guess it does! what the heck, it always good to have a few extra benifits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:00 am 

Thanks for the info on the G5 and DPI. I've never tried one, but will go surf around and look at it. I LIKE that DPI switch idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 am 

Yeah, the variable DPI switching is one of the best features of the Logitech G-series mice. Ever since the G5 came out, I was hooked! I went through two of them on my laptop before moving up to the G9, and still use one with my desktop. Don't regret those purchases one bit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:32 pm 

lynxxyarly wrote:

I used this today on MW2 and it works flawlessly, except, of course, for the obvious lack of other mouse button support (forward/back/scroll etc).

I might add that you can adjust the DPI on the fly with this mouse, so if you use Logitech's mouse software to adjust the DPI to your liking you can then carry over those settings to the ps3 games, since it's on-the-fly switching via the mouse itself. I found it to be a bit on the 'cheating' side when I would snipe or something and change the dpi on the fly to zero in more steadily. Good times.

I have the G5 as well and have a problem which I think could be the EE.
When you are using the mouse on the PS3 do you find that when you move it slow..it tends to jerk in different directions? Not a lot..but quite noticeably?

I've tried different combos of DPIs w/ different in-game sensitivities.

I find using it at max 2000dpi makes the mouse movement feel unnatural with jagged edges.
Maybe I should post a video... :/

I'm heading to best buy to grab me a g9x to see if the problems still occur.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:47 pm 

onslaught_ wrote:
lynxxyarly wrote:

When you are using the mouse on the PS3 do you find that when you move it slow..it tends to jerk in different directions? Not a lot..but quite noticeably?

I find using it at max 2000dpi makes the mouse movement feel unnatural with jagged edges.

I have a g5 and I found that the higher the DPI I used the lower the ingame sensitivity I would use to make it feel more natural, because I also felt that jerkiness in the motion. I did finally get a setting that felt pretty good no jerkiness and such, would like to have it move a little faster with fluid motion maybe a higher dpi mouse would allow that. Let me know how the g9x works, I've been looking at that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 pm 

Vladtaltos wrote:
onslaught_ wrote:
lynxxyarly wrote:

I have a g5 and I found that the higher the DPI I used the lower the ingame sensitivity I would use to make it feel more natural, because I also felt that jerkiness in the motion. I did finally get a setting that felt pretty good no jerkiness and such, would like to have it move a little faster with fluid motion maybe a higher dpi mouse would allow that. Let me know how the g9x works, I've been looking at that.

What settings did you manage to set it to get rid of the jerkiness in the motion?
I haven't been able to figure it out.

I've actually ended up buying the G500...chose it over the G9X just because alot more people preferred the shape.

I still have the jerkiness in the motion when tracking slow movement.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 am 

well i have the g5 not the g500, although I am interested in the g500 or g9x. I use max dpi setting from which I hear for the g5 is 2000, and a ingame sensitivity of about 4 out of 10. The higher dpi i use the lower the ingame sensitivity I use. I haven't played in about a week, i dont really remmeber there being any jitteryness when i found those settings, but initially using high sensitivity and high dpi I did. Just playing the the dpi / in game sensitivity and find what combo works best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:29 pm 

i use 2000 dpi on my g5 and I then also set the ingame sensitivity for my games to about 85% of max.

Seems to work out for mw2 and mag, which are the only two games I use the EEC on.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:39 am 

G5 is the best chooice so far, almost smooth. Ive tested EEC with three mouses Sidwinder Microsoft (not compatible), Logitech G500, Razer Deathadder ..tested on MW2 (G5 settings 2000dpi and 6-8 sensitivity)

tested on 1.0 firmware (since 2.0 has still some issues)